When you purchased your current home, chances are it was a good match for your lifestyle. It had the space you needed, the features you wanted, and a location that worked for you.
But for most people, lifestyle and needs evolve through the years. Kids get older. Jobs or careers change. People take on new hobbies and other interests.
As a result, the home that was ideal a few years ago may not fit with your current lifestyle.
That doesn’t necessarily mean you need to shop for a new home! However, it may mean that it’s worth taking a look at the market and seeing what’s possible.
Think about the kind of home that would support your lifestyle today. Ask questions like:
- How many bedrooms do we need?
- How easy is it to travel to work each day?
- What special features do we want in our home? (Big backyard? Rec room? Quiet neighbourhood?)
- What do we want nearby? (School? Playground? Walking and biking trails? Shopping? Entertainment? Golf?)
- What else does our home need in order to support our lifestyle?
After asking yourself some of these key questions, ask other family members for their opinions too.
You may, in fact, find that the property you have now is still ideal for your lifestyle.
If, however, your home is no longer a good fit, you have options. You can stay in your current home despite it no longer being ideal; you can make some changes (a renovation, perhaps); or, you can see what’s available in the housing market.
If you need help with any of these options, call today.