December tends to be a busy month for most people. It’s all-too-easy to feel drained and even burned-out. Unfortunately, you may not have the luxury of time to relax with a good book or go to a yoga class. So, with that in mind, here are some proven ways to quickly unwind and boost your energy:
- Take a short walk. Scientists say your body will often de-stress significantly after just a 12-minute stroll.
- Drink a glass of water. Dehydration, which can come on without you realizing it, can quickly lead to fatigue and tension.
- Do something completely different. Often, if you completely remove yourself from a situation or activity, even for just a few minutes, you’ll come back feeling better. So, take a moment for yourself!
- Breathe and stretch. It’s almost impossible to feel tense after a few deep breaths and some stretching exercises. In fact, that’s where the urge to yawn and stretch comes from. It’s your body’s way of boosting energy!
- Write it down. If you’re worried or frustrated about something, writing it down will feel like deflating that balloon of stress. Taking it off your shoulders and onto paper will put the concern into perspective.
Try one of these tips the next time you feel overwhelmed.